Monday, February 27, 2012

October 29, 2011 Run Away Pumpkin 1/2 Marathon

    October 29th, 2011 Run Away Pumpkin 1/2 Marathon in Lebanon Oregon

I often wonder who makes the rules when it comes to running.  I decided myself early in my running career (like 3 months ago) that I would do what my body felt was right not just what someone else feels is right.  Now this does not mean that I don't read and pay attention to what other great runners have to say because I have read so many running books in the last 6 months and I have used so many of their words of wisdom.  But in the end I feel that every body is different and needs to find their own path.  So when someone said it was wise to take a break after running a marathon I thought really why?  I feel great, my body feels great, my feet feel great....so off I went and this was my best run to date! 

This was my first run where I passed more people then people passed me.  I was no where near the back of the pack and I had a personal best time of 3 hours and 2 minutes.  And yes I looked like a punk-kin!

No comments:

Post a Comment